The first thing that all of us need to understand is what is a portable air conditioner and why should we buy it. Once we are able to answer this question we will be able to easily figure out the rest of the things. Best Portable air conditioner is just like normal air condition, but it is flexible in nature and it is not stationary like a window air conditioner or a split air conditioner. Portable air conditioners are generally very compact in nature with wheels at the bottom. The size of a portable air conditioner varies from about 2 feet to about 3 feet. Condensation of the air conditioner is generally collected in a bucket or is sent somewhere else with the help of a pipe. Portable air conditioners are easy to move, but it also needs to throw out the hot air like the normal air conditioner and this is why a 3 inch to about 5-inch diameter wire is always attached to the air conditioner and is kept outside the room to suck out the hot air of the room.
If your room does not have the facility of central air condition and also does not have any access to a window, then portable air condition is just a perfect option for you. Portable air conditions are very easy to install and are known for its instant cooling feature. If you are planning to get a portable air conditioner for yourself. Here are the few things that you definitely need to keep in mind.
- Size Best Portable air conditioner are generally rated in BTU also known as British Thermal Units per hour. Higher the BTU the faster the air conditioner will cool. You should definitely go for a BTU depending on what size your room is. According to general calculations, a 200 square foot room will require an 8,000 BTU portable air conditioner, whereas a 300 square foot room will require a 10,000 BTU portable air conditioner. These guidelines are not absolutely exact. This might change depending on what brand of portable air conditioner you are purchasing.
- Place It is very important to have a clear understanding of where you want to place your air conditioner. Since it is portable it should have a direct access to open space. So that it is able to vent out the hot air from the room. If you have a window in your room, try to place the portable air conditioner near it. So that you don’t have to drag the pipe all across the room.
- Maintenance Maintenance is something that you should always keep in mind because the only maintenance that you need to do is drain out the moisture of the room. All the portable air conditioner generally pulls out the moisture from the room. So that it is able to cool the room down. There are a few ways with help of which you will be able to remove the moisture from the portable air conditioner. You can always open up the pan of the air conditioner and remove it manually. You can always attach a hose so that you are able to suction out all the moisture. There are air conditions available in the market which has the feature of self-evaporation in which users do not have to remove any water manually. This type of portable air conditioner is becoming popular day by day because it makes the life of the owner very much convenient. There is absolutely no maintenance required with this kind of air conditioner.
- Noise Noise plays a very important role when you are purchasing a portable air conditioner. Portable air conditioners are generally kept in the ground or on a table. You will definitely not want a lot of noise buzzing near your ears all day when you switch on the air conditioner. All the major air conditioning brands are working to keep the noise levels down. Most of the air conditioning brands are trying to compare their decibel level to increase sales. A window air conditioner or a split air conditioner generally, have a lot of noise but the noise is restricted to the main unit which is outside the room, but with portable air conditioner noise is something which you definitely need to keep in mind while purchasing.
- Energy Efficiency The rates of electricity have gone up drastically and this is the reason why you should definitely keep in mind that an air conditioner with power saving mode is a smart buy in the long run. If you are concerned about the environment, they always make sure to purchase an air conditioner which is environment-friendly. All the air conditioning brands are right now working on the EER also known as the Energy Efficiency Ratio. So that the environment is not harmed to a greater extent. This kind of air conditioner also helps to save electricity, making it a perfect portable air conditioner. If you are purchasing a portable air conditioner your monthly electricity bill will be much lower as compared to a normal portable air conditioner. All the models of Toyotomi are known for saving a lot of energy. The energy saving capacity of an air conditioner is also dependent on the British thermal unit and the size of the room.
The portable air conditioner has become very much popular in recent years. A lot of people who do not have access to central air condition and for them. The portable air conditioner are just perfect. The best thing about this portable air conditioner is that you are able to use it in whichever room you want without having to do a lot of work. All you need to do is to simply look for a window and keep a pipe of the air conditioner outside. So that the air conditioner is able to suck out the hot air. Make sure to read all the aspects of this article carefully before purchasing a portable air conditioner. This will definitely help you make a smart choice.