Actually, there are so many air purifier models and brands are out in the market in which the Holmes air purifier is found to be the top-rated and best air purifier compared to other models. Also, the Holmes air purifier is also known as removes allergens, dust particles, and air cleaners from the air inside your home area.
The substances like pet dander and smoke are found to be allergen substances and hence it affects your health by causing the sinuses or it may result in breathing issues for most people problem with lungs such as asthma.
Proper functioning of Holmes air purifier
In order to keep the Holmes air purifier in proper functioning and in good condition, the machine requires proper care and regular maintenance and cleaning of the inside grill so, it can able to catch the impurities present in the air as they circle around.
The Holmes air purifiers contain either the carbon filter or HEPA or use both types of air purifier while the Holmes brand of air purifier is found to be a reliable brand and it functions in good.
If your Holmes air purifier is not working properly then it is very much important that you need to troubleshoot for problems where this is found to be the common thing when you are using the air purifier.
How to fit and utilize the Holmes air purifier
After removing the Holmes air purifier from the pack you want to remove the plastic wrapper off the air purifier and correctly dispose of it. After that, you need to follow the below instruction to install the Holmes air purifier unit.
- As a first thing put down the product flat on its back with the front/air going grill facing on the upward direction.
- Unlock the air purifier flap just by pressing on the exit release option which present on the side off the air purifier component and softly pull the door forward.
- Take away the carbon filters from the synthetic bag and put them on the every HEPA filters and in which the synthetic flaps on the HEPA filter will be holding the carbon in its appropriate place.
- Finally, restore the frontage grill by aligning it with the air purifier component and gently press it still it firmly fits into the place.
To activate the air purifier unit just follow the below instructions
- First you need to choose the location where the air observes grill and the filtered air passage are not blocked.
- Then plug the unit into 129V AC electric outlet.
- Now, press the control option the unit it change into the LOW and the LED light gets on in the external ring of the LOW scenery where the option will light up.
- You can prefer the needed speed setting from high, medium or low just by selecting the desired function speed and the air purifier fan functions accordingly.
- In order to release the harmful ions with in filtered air just you need to push the ionizer option to turn on the Ionizer feature. The external ring of the air purifier option will illuminate the blue color which means that the ionizer will not work until the device is running.
What to follow to clean the Holmes air purifier filter?
The following are things or materials you require for cleaning the Holmes air purifier.
- The screwdriver not all the models but only few models of air purifier will support the screwdriver.
- Vacuum cleaner for picking up the dirt.
- New model of carbon filter.
- New model of the HEPA filter.
The visual indicator presents in most of the air purifiers indicates the cleaning time and replacement of the filter. If the indicator is not present in your air filter, then don’t worry because normally the best time to change the filter is every 3-6 months.
Before changing the air purifier filter, it is very important that you must read the guidance of the product before removing the parts of the air purifier. Ensure that you have unplugged the electric supply before starting to clean the air purifier also ensure that you turn off the power and electrical cord and keep it a safe place.
Steps by step guide to clean the Holmes air purifier filter
- Clean the exterior pre-filters of the air purifier – In general, the exterior pre-filter is the one that collects pet hair, dust, fiber and other impurities present in the indoor air. By using the soft bristles of vacuum for sucking the dirt and after vacuuming the dirt just use the damp cloth to clean the filter.
- Open air filter cover and remove it – Almost every air purifier will be having the cover with easy open tabs which are present in the backside of the filter and it is easy to remove.
- If you are having the larger model of air purifier machine then a screwdriver is required to remove or open it. If you are unaware of how to remove the air purifier for cleaning then search on online YouTube site for the specific problem.
- Remove air filter – The air filter is the main and important component in air purifier machine where it picks up the dirt, dust and other bacteria from the air where it contains lots of nasty elements. After removing the air filters just keep it on the dustbin and be careful while removing it.
- Fit a new air filter into the air purifier – Normally the air filters used to get the one-way airflow and it contains the germs from the indoor air. In which all kind of the air filters installation system are not same.
- So, it is your responsibility to check the manual paper before starting the installation process. As a first thing you need to pull the polluted air at the pre-filer then you need to fix new carbon filter and then finally HEPA filter.
- Fix new air filter cover by replacing the old – When the air filter changing or new air filter installation task is done then replace the air filter cover with new one. Also, make sure that the screws are fitted as per the guide holes because misplace of screws will make the air purifier not to work properly.
- Test for the functioning of the air purifier after replacing the air filters – Complete all task plug and test the air purifier machine for operation because some filters does not work properly when there is an improper installation.
- Sometimes the air filter gets damaged due to the improper installation where the internal part of the filters gets damaged. In addition to this when there is an improper installation then the indicator light signals you to improve the installation process.
How to clean the non-washable HEPA air filter?
The HEPA air filter is designed in such a way to remove the hair, dust, dirt, and other kinds of small impurities from the air, while it stores these items in the filter. These air filters should be cleaned at least once every 30 days where you need to remove this build-up and replace the air filter with a new one every 6 months.
If the air purifier and air filter is not cleaned and replaced routinely then the filter will lose its efficiency and result in the improper functioning of the air purifier.
Steps to follow for cleaning the HEPA filter
Following are steps that you need to follow for cleaning the non-washable HEPA filter. They are.
- First remove the HEPA air filter from the air purifier machine where this removing process varies based on the model of the air purifier and type of the filter you own. If you are unsure that how to remove the air filter then try to make use of the online search where you can get the solution.
- Then by using the clean and good cloth in water clean the surface of the HEPA air filter and continue the cloth rinsing process until the surface of HEPA filter is clean.
- Allow the filter to dry before placing the HEPA air filter in its place.
It is very important that never soak, saturate or run the HEPA air filter under running water as there is a number of chances where the HEPA filter paper gets wet, tear or rip. Also, never use the solvents or soaps to clean the filter where this may lead to the breakdown of the filter fibers and tear the filter paper.
Importance of cleaning the air purifier on regular basis
The air purifiers play an essential and important role in the quality of your business or home indoor air. With the dirty and old air filters, you may begin to suffer from several kinds of health issues due to the poor quality of air especially when you are suffering from severe allergy issues. So, regular cleaning of the air purifier maximizes its lifespan also it allows it to function at the best quality as possible.
1. Make a good investment in the air filter
In general, buying a good quality air filter would be expensive and it is usually a financial investment. This means that you need to buy the air purifier that is worth your money and making the proper cleaning and taking care of your air purifier device each month can improve its functionality and performance.
It is also very important that you need to take care of the air filters and must replace it at regular intervals of time for preventing the damage and failure of the HEPA filter present inside the air purifier.
2. The role of air purifier
Nowadays it becomes essential thing to have an air purifier at home or office environment where this is because the air purifier keeps your home or business area healthy and clean.
Though cleaning the air filter can help to ensure that your air purifier to functions at its best quality also it can protect it from getting damaged or malfunctioning. So, try to clean your air purifier and replace the HEPA air filter for getting good quality air that is free from the dirt, dust, and other impurities which are present in the air.
Having the proper care and attention on the cleaning process of the air filter ensures the long-lasting lifetime to the air purifier device.
Cleaning the air purifier is not very hard work just you need to follow the instructions and steps to clean the air purifier. If you get confused with the cleaning work then you can search on YouTube where you can see the live process of cleaning the air purifier or by seeing the cleaning manual you can do the cleaning work. Thus, in order to increase the lifetime of the air purifier device and to get good quality of air, it becomes necessary to clean and maintain the air filter and air purifier on a routinely basis.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Whether the HEPA filters can be washed and reused?
The HEPA filters are mainly used on the vacuum cleaner and the air purifier will collect the dust practices. The regular HEPA filter provides you with the best cleaning performance compared to other air filters. In which most of the HEPA filters are available in both cases washable and non-washable and hence the HEPA filter is also can be washed and reused.
- Is it necessary and essential thing to clean the air purifier?
Most of the air purifiers have the dirt visual indicator where this remains you the notice every time when the air purifier needed to be cleaned. Air purifiers need clean within 30 days otherwise it will not function or work properly. If the air purifier is washable then wash it with the soapy and water solution. After washing the pre-filter of the air purifier ensure that you rinse it using a clean cloth.
- How do you clean the non-washable HEPA filter?
First, you need to remove the pre-filter from air purifier machine then by using the vacuum you need to pick up the dirt, dust and other dirt practices from it. Then take the dampen cloth and clean the HEPA filter properly and cleanly after doing this task take a clean cloth and wipe down the HEPA filter completely.