When it comes down to cleaning the air, some air purifiers are effective for removing particulate matter (PM) and volatile organic compounds (VOCs) like dust, bacteria, and gas. The device can eradicate the odors from weed smoke, pets, and cooking and freshen the air. These are specially developed for those people who are allergic to PM, have a respiratory condition, and live in a polluted air area.
There are certain air purifier brands that can help to improve indoor air quality, and Holmes is one of them. Air purifiers using HEPA (high-efficiency particulate air) filters may reduce the exposure to PM like pollen particles, dust, dust mites, etc., which can trigger and intensify allergic problems.
Holmes produces an array of air purifiers specially developed for targeting specific disquiets like dust mites, mold, allergens, and other particulate matters. So, keep reading to know more about holmes air purifiers and what characteristics you need to look for in air filtration devices, helping you decide whether they are worth your investment or not.
|Image||Product Name||Editor’s Rating||Price|
|Holmes Console Air Purifier||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐||Check Latest Price|
|Holmes Aer 1 Mini Tower Air Ionizer||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐||Check Latest Price|
|Holmes Mini Tower Air Purifier + Optional Ionizer||⭐⭐⭐⭐||Check Latest Price|
|Holmes 360 Air Purifier (True HEPA)||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐||Check Latest Price|
Holmes Air Purifier
Holmes is an American-based company specializing in manufacturing home environment appliances like fans, humidifiers, and air purifiers. The company was founded by Jordan Kahn in 1982. Since then, they started manufacturing products designed to improve the indoor air quality of your homes and make them more healthy, comfortable, and clean. Holmes also specializes in producing a range of air purifier filters and humidifiers.
Top Best Holmes Air Purifier Reviews
Holmes console, tower, and desktop air purifiers are specifically designed to handle a variety of room sizes. First, however, you should know the different types of filtration processes used in an air purifier.
HEPA-type filters are no different from a true HEPA filter, but it efficiently removes at least 99% of pollutants and particles in the air as small as 2 microns. That means they are less effective than a true HEPA filter. If you are looking for a budgeted filter, then it is the right pick for your needs. Even though it does not filter minute particles but whatever it traps, you will notice the difference.
➡️ True HEPA
A true HEPA filter traps airborne pollutants and particles like pet dander, dust, and pollen. To know whether your potential purchase uses a true HEPA filtration process or not, you should check the efficiency of the filters. It must state at least 99.97% purification efficiency by capturing particles and pollutants as small as 0.3 microns. As it ensures a significant reduction of particulate matter in the air.
The carbon filter manufactured by Holmes uses charcoal and baking soda to trap bigger air pollutants and particles. They are effective in removing unwanted household odors from food, pets, or smoke. As you already know that even a true HEPA filter cannot capture VOCs as they are too large particles. That’s why most air purifiers brands use a combination of both filtration processes to get the best out of both worlds.
These Are Types Of Filtration Processes You Get In Holmes Air Purifiers. So, Let Us Discuss The Top Best Holmes Air Purifiers.
1. Holmes Console Air Purifier – Black
This air purifier by Holmes has a sleek console-like design to fit in every small corner. The Holmes console air purifier features a quiet operation and filter life monitor bar while trapping tiny particles and pollutants measuring 0.3 microns such as weed smoke, pet dander, dust, mold, and pollen, eliminating airborne irritants and odors, so that you can breathe comfortably. In addition, the company has added a filter life indicator light that allows you to change the filter when needed.
- It uses a true HEPA filter to eradicate 99.97% of airborne allergens.
- It features customizable 4-speed settings along with sleep mode.
- The dimension of this air purifier is 10.20 x 22.80 x 20.90 Inches.
- It weighs only 21.1 pounds.
- It is backed by a 5-year limited warranty.
- It is best suited for larger rooms.
- The filter life monitor is ideal for indicating the remaining life.
- It has a CADR rating of 225.
- It is a bit expensive product.
2. Holmes Aer 1 Mini Tower With Visipure Air Filter And Air Ionizer
Another great innovation by Holmes was to manufacture the aer1 mini-tower to tackle the needs of every household with small rooms. The true HEPA filtration technology used in this air purifier ensures the removal of any household allergens and odors.
Apart from this, the company also provides an optional ionizer, which can ensure that tiny particles are trapped more easily and handle the foul odor in the room. The additional air filter improves the efficiency of the filtration process by 30% than the traditional models of Holmes.
You can see the particles accumulated in the visipure air filter window, and the purifier system will notify or remind you when you need to change the filter. Thanks to its space-saving design, which can easily fit in all corners, leaving crisp and clean air inside your home.
- It comes with true HEPA filters suitable for clearing out 99.97% of airborne pollutants.
- The optional ionizer helps in binding the tiny airborne particles to form larger ones.
- It has a slim design ideal for smaller spaces.
- The CADR rating of this air cleaner is 76.
- It has a filter viewing window that enables you to see particles accumulation.
- Customizable 3 speed settings to help you clean airborne pollutants and particles.
- You can even change filters to match your needs.
- It has a filter reminder that lets you know when to change its filters.
- Uses the latest true HEPA technology to eliminate minute particulate matter.
- It is perfect for medium-sized rooms.
- It makes a little noise at the highest settings.
3. Holmes Mini Tower Air Purifier + Optional Ionizer
The Holmes mini tower air purifier comes with true HEPA filters to trap pollutants and particles as tiny as 0.3 microns in the air. This air purifier operates quietly and assists in removing at least 99.97% of airborne pollutants like pet dander, mold, dust, pollen, and smoke, providing relief from irritants and odor in the air.
In addition, it helps in making you feel comfortable while breathing, especially for people with respiratory conditions. Apart from this, Holmes provides an optional ionizer that ensures pollutants are tackled and captured efficiently while eliminating unwanted odors.
The best thing about Holmes mini tower air purifier is that it has a CADR rating of 55 and comes with adjustable 3-speed settings to keep indoor air clean and pure. The company has used a slim design to save space, which makes it suitable for offices, dorms, and bedrooms.
- True HEPA filtration process to trap 99.97% of airborne pollutants.
- Best suited for small rooms or 85 sq feet area.
- It uses washable pre-filter traps larger particles.
- It comes with an optional ionizer that helps freshen up the air naturally.
- This cleaner uses an aer1 HEPA filter to tackle odor.
- It uses voltage up to 43 watts.
- The dimension of this purifier measures 9.84 x 6.69 x 14.17 Inches.
- A three-year of limited warranty backs it.
- The true HEPA filter captures airborne pollutants as tiny as 0.3 microns.
- The optional ionizer optimizes the tackling process.
- Some customers say it makes a lot of noise at higher settings.
4. Holmes 360 Air Purifier (True HEPA)
This fantastic innovation by Holmes offers every feature required for improving indoor air quality efficiently. The HEPA 360 degrees air purifier intakes air from every corner and releases clean, crisp air. You would be amazed to know that this air purifier is ideal for handling medium-sized rooms and bedrooms. With a 110 clean air delivery rate, it can easily cover 170 square feet of area.
In addition, Holmes has incorporated a 3-stage filtration process to eliminate at least 99.97% of airborne allergens and pollutants.The process will begin with per-filters to capture large airborne particles, followed by true HEPA filters to trap particles and pollutants measuring 0.3 microns. At last, the activated carbon filter eliminates unwanted odors generated from smoke, fumes, cooking smells, pets, and other scents.
- It comes with a three-stage filtration system that eliminates airborne pollutants and particles.
- The activated carbon filter assists in neutralizing the common household odors.
- The 360-degree system sucks air from every corner.
- With three speed settings, you can customize the purification process to your comfort.
- It weighs only 4.8 pounds and consumes 30 watts only.
- The dimension of this air purifier is 8.27 x 8.27 x 12.4 Inches.
- It is tested and certified under AHAM and FCC.
- Best for a medium-sized room.
- Uses advanced carbon filters to eliminate unwanted odors.
- The company offers an optional air ionizer to trap tiny airborne pollutants effectively.
- It has a CADR rating of 110 makes it ideal for 170 sq ft.
- It might be a little expensive for some people.
These are the top 4 Holmes air purifiers available on the market that you can choose from and improve the indoor quality of your home.
Related Post: Best Air Purifier For Weed Smoke
What To Look For In An Air Purifier?
So, when looking for the best air purifier for your home, you should consider the following features to determine whether it is worth investing your money in or not.
✅ Look For Activated Carbon Filtration
Activated carbon filtration aid in reducing gases and odor particles in the air. You should know that even a true HEPA filtration process cannot trap or eliminate odors, gases, and other VOCs in the air. So, it would be better for you to choose a Holmes model with a thick layer of activated carbon, which ensures effective filtration of gases and odors.
✅ Check For PECO (Photoelectrochemical Oxidation) Filters
Peco filters are best suited for reducing allergen particles that might trigger or intensify the symptoms of a health problem. Recent studies have shown people who consider using air purifiers equipped with PECO filters constantly for four weeks can significantly reduce the symptoms of allergies.
✅ Uses A True HEPA Filtration
Some Holmes models use true HEPA filtration technology to purify the air. It is the best way to purify 99.97% of pollutant particles. Another great thing about a true HEPA filter is that it can trap 0.3 microns of particulate matter. That means it is beneficial for patients who are sensitive to dust and other particles listed under particulate matter. So, it is better to know whether your Holmes model uses a true HEPA filter or not because it can significantly reduce PM in the air.
✅ Consider The CADR Rating (Clean Air Delivery Rate)
A CADR rating refers to the number of particles that a specific purifier can trap in a certain time, and it also indicates how much area it can handle efficiently. So, it is better for you to choose an air purifier with a sufficient CADR rating to get the best results in the intended area.
So, when looking for the best Holmes air purifier for your home, you should consider the above features to get the best out of your potential purchase.
How Much Does It Cost To Buy A Holmes Air Purifier?
The cost of Holmes air purifiers usually ranges between $15 – $250, which makes them a cost-efficient choice as compared to their competitors. However, the cost of Holmes air purifier filters ranges anywhere near $5 to $45. Even some Holmes air purifier models have a digital display or indicator light that lets you know when to replace the filters.
Usually, you might need to replace the HEPA filter after every 12-18 months and the carbon filter after every 3-6 months to ensure improved air quality at your home. Although it depends upon the usage, Holmes prefers using permanent washable filters to get cost-efficient solutions for your daily needs. Every Holmes device is covered by a limited warranty. You will find the warranty period specified in the user manual.
The limited warranty covers workmanship and material defects for every part, apart from accessories and filters. To replace or repair a part covered under warranty, you must return the product to sunbeam products, Inc., and don’t forget to provide the sales invoice or receipt.