Are you looking for the best mats for jumping rope for your home workout sessions? If yes, you have visited the right place. Even though home floors offer a decent place to work out, including a jump rope, did you know using a jump rope mat ensures your muscles and joints? Yes, it does protect your muscles and joints during your workout session, especially during jumping rope.
These mats are efficient when it comes to withstanding high-intensity workouts as your joints need a floor that absorbs all the heavy load during the impact. In addition, every premium quality jump rope mat features anti-fatigue capabilities that offer a perfect jumping spot for your feet.
This allows you to continue your workout for a longer duration. Still, people often wonder why they need to buy a jump rope mat for their home workout sessions? Well, if your workout session includes jump rope exercises more often, it is recommended to use a jump rope mat because it will protect your jump rope from general wear and tear while providing a cushioned and supportive surface for your feet.
There are a lot of manufacturers out there producing high-quality jump rope mats, which are made to last. Whether you work out on an uneven surface or concrete flooring, these mats protect your ankle from getting injured. To help you choose the best jump rope mat out there, we have curated a list of top 10 jump rope mats that you can use at your home and bring out the best of your home workout session.
1. LERYG 8mm Jump Rope Mat
When looking for an exercise mat that can handle your high-intensity workouts, the LERYG jump rope mat is perfect for all types of workouts. It features a double-sided non-slip design to provide a firm grip on the surface while offering a soft cushion for your feet and joints to prevent post-workout pain.
With a thickness of 8mm, it is best suited for skipping rope as it will absorb shock and impact-induced during jumping. On the other hand, it is made from high-quality TPE molecular material to deliver uniform support and stability when working out. Not to mention, the ergonomically designed grip on both sides ensures that this mat won’t move from its place while reducing the chances of any joint injury.
Another great thing about this jump rope mat is that it reduces the noise and absorbs all the vibration generated through your workouts. Finally, you don’t have to worry about getting exposed to harmful particles with its environmentally friendly material.
- Available in gray, blue, and pink color,
- Suitable for everyone from kids to adults.
- Comes with a thickness of 8mm.
- Features a non-slip design for sturdy performance.
- The dimension of this mat is 72 inches x 24 inches x 8mm.
- It weighs only 6.5 lbs.
- Highly durable and soft cushion.
- Made with environmentally friendly material.
- Reduces noise and absorbs vibrations.
- A multi-purpose mat is suitable for all types of exercises.
- Lightweight design and convenient while storing.
- The non-slip design does not work properly.
2. Balancefrom High-Density Mat
Balancefrom is known for its high-density equipment mats, which can protect any type of floor from getting damaged. That means you can even place heavy GYM equipment like ellipticals, exercise bikes, treadmills, etc. Not only this, it comes with moisture-resistant technology, which makes it easier for you to clean the mat with water and soap. In addition, different grip designs on both sides ensure that the mat won’t slip while working out or let your equipment move.
That’s why it is best for a workout session that includes jumping rope because the thickness of this mat absorbs all heavy load impact while offering a cushioned surface for your joints. Not to mention, the best thing about balancefrom a high-density mat is that you place it over any type of floor and start your workout.
- Made of high-density material for durable and lasting performance.
- Suitable for protecting both equipment and floor.
- Design with anti-slip technology to bring an unmatchable grip feel.
- The dimension of this product is 0.05 x 0.06 x 0.01 inches.
- It weighs only 6.5 lbs.
- Perfect for absorbing vibrations and noise.
- Convenient to clean with a damp cloth.
- Made of PVC material.
- Suitable for both exercise and yoga mat.
- Thickness begins to wear out if not maintained properly.
3. Schriner Pro Round Jump Rope Mat
This pro-round jump rope mat by SCHRINER features 0.25-inch of thickness, providing support to your ankles and feet. Well, most jump rope mats are available in a rectangular shape, but this one comes in a round shape that allows you to do any kind of workout.
Apart from its stylish shape, its non-slip technology allows you to place it anywhere you want, such as on tile, concrete, carpet, or even in your garage. The scratch resistance heavy-duty material makes it tough to wear and tear even after consistent use.
Not only will it be better for supporting your jump rope workouts, but it also allows you to keep them underneath heavy equipment like weightlifting bench, exercise bikes, etc. This circular-shaped jump rope mat is specially designed to last forever if maintained properly.
- Made of sturdy PVC foam for lasting performance.
- It weighs only 5 lbs.
- Comes with a thickness of 8mm.
- Integrated with shock-absorbent and scratch-resistant material.
- Suitable for heavy-weight workouts and cardio sessions.
- It has a round shape.
- Uses a heavy-duty double layer for improved density.
- Non-slip and anti-tear material.
- Backed up by lifetime warranty.
- Thickness could have been better.
4. Rope Skipping Exercise Workout Mat
Another excellent exercise mat for rope jumping is made from durable TPE material, which is elastic and thick enough to offer a better space for doing workouts. The durable material makes it hard to wear and tear, allowing you to perform a wide array of workouts. It also features a non-slip and shock-absorbent design allowing you to practice without making much noise. You can jump rope with or without shoes.
It provides a better place for your workout sessions. You can place it in your room or anywhere you want and bring the best out of your workout. The best thing is that it comes with a thick and cushioned design that keeps the jumping impact from getting to your knees while improving your ability to rebound.
You can use this mat for jumping rope, high-intensity interval training, yoga, pilates, and other bodyweight workouts. With its lightweight design, the company has ensured slip-resistance design to improve the ability to exercise.
- It has a thickness of 8mm.
- Made from durable TPE material to make it resilient.
- Comes with a double-sided non-slip design.
- The dimension of this product is 24 x 4 x 4 inches.
- Offers great stability.
- Convenient to wash with a damp cloth.
- Offer a good grip on the floor.
- Shock-absorbent property that ensures quiet performance.
- Made with durable material.
- It can quickly wear down after consistent use.
5. Elitesrs Non-Slip Jump Rope Mat
Level up your fitness level with the EliteSRS jump rope mat, made from durable vinyl foam that ensures non-slip performance while absorbing the impact. These mats are specially designed for athletes who are looking for a way to level up their fitness level, and everything begins with a small step.
If your workout includes ropes, then you should probably consider this non-slip jump rope mat by EliteSRS. It gives you the ability to jump without causing any injury to your knees and joints. Its durable texture allows you to use it anywhere as it creates less bounce and a soft cushion to reduce the impact.
That means you can place this mat in different places like tile or cement, and what else? It will protect your floor from getting damaged. There are two types of sizes available on the market: standard and jumbo. You can choose the size that caters to your needs.
- Made of a tough and durable vinyl foam.
- Suitable for both indoors and outdoors.
- Great for a variety of exercises, including a jumping rope.
- The dimension of this mat is 48 x 36 x 0.25 inches.
- Comes with optional accessories.
- The lightweight design weighs only 5.4 lbs.
- Integrated with non-slip and shock-absorbent properties.
- Protect your knees and joints.
- Durable material made for lasting performance.
- Keep your workout activity as quiet as possible.
- The perfect mat for jumping rope.
- Not as thick as other jump rope mats.
6. Dofopo Rope Skipping Mat
DOFOPO jump rope mats are specially made for adults as well as kids as it is made from durable thermoplastic elastomers. With a thickness of 6mm, it offers decent protection to your knees and joints during high-intensity workouts. That means you can enjoy your jump rope workout session without any hassle.
If you are looking for a sturdy and highly resilient mat for your jump rope needs, then go no further than this mat, as it features everything you need to carry out a perfect and safe workout. Not to mention, ergonomic designs on both sides prevent it from moving while you continue your workout with a firm grip. Plus, you can clean the mat using a damp cloth and soap.
However, it is recommended to prevent keeping your mat under sunlight for too long. You will also get a free carry bag for convenience in storage and transport. The best thing about this mat is that the material is quite elastic, which helps in alleviating the impact on the joints and knees while skipping rope. Furthermore, the shock-absorbing properties allow you to carry out your effective workout session without disturbing your neighbors.
- Made of premium-quality TPE material.
- Comes with a carry bag for convenient storage and carry.
- High resilience for protecting your ankles.
- Sweatproof and waterproof rope mat for seamless performance.
- Non-slip design to ensure a firm grip.
- It has a thickness of 6mm.
- The dimension of this product is 70.8 x 23.6 x 0.23 inches.
- It weighs around 1.9 lbs.
- Lightweight and compact design.
- Suitable for interior and exterior workouts.
- Easy to clean, store and carry.
- Soft cushioned mat to make it ideal for jumping rope.
- It does not offer a sturdy grip on some floor types.
7. Gorilla Mats Premium Large Exercise Mat
Gorilla mats bring you the perfect workout space for your home specially designed to deliver superior comfort and ultra-durable performance. With an extra-large design, you have the freedom to work out in your room, whether it is side to side jumping or skipping the rope with some variations. This gorilla mat is perfect for all kinds of workouts as they don’t slide or slip when compared to smaller-sized mats.
Not to mention, the company has used a non-slip design underside the mat, which is engineered to avoid sliding. With a thickness of 6mm, it can easily absorb all kinds of heavy load impacts while delivering a cushioned and spring surface to give a better bounce. You can easily fit this 6” by 4” mat in your big room and roll it up when you are done working out. Not to mention, the company also includes a microfiber towel to make it easier for you to clean.
- Made of ultra-durable Profoam for lasting performance.
- Integrated with a non-slip design for a better cushioning surface.
- Prevent you from damaging your floors and joints.
- Includes a soft microfiber towel for convenient cleaning.
- The dimension of this mat is 6 x 4 x 0.25 inches.
- Made of premium grade non-toxic foam.
- Scratch-resistant jump rope mat.
- Double size model.
- Not so thick as it still leaves some impact on the floor.
8. Fithomie Jump Rope Mat For Home
FitHomie is known for its high-quality products, and this jump rope mat is no exception. With the durability of high-quality TPE material, this jump rope mat is ideal for all kinds of workouts, including a jumping rope. Although it is recommended to jump rope at least three times during the week, and if you involve skipping rope during your workout more often, it is advisable to buy a jump rope mat to support your joints and muscles to prevent the shocks and impacts generated when jumping.
The company has used premium padding to protect your knees and joints when jumping. If your sole purpose is to jump rope, then this mat offers a great design that provides a great rebound while jumping and protects your rope from general wear and tear. Thus, it will extend the life of your rope while protecting your joints and muscles from post-workout strain, which makes it a win-win.
Not to mention, the compact design of this mat makes it easier for you to store, clean, and carry it anywhere you want. It will be fun when you hop on this mat and enjoy skipping rope without feeling a fraction of pain inside your joints. Remember, this mat is made from durable material, which means it will last longer than other exercise mats.
- Made of durable TPE material while ensuring premium padding.
- The double-sided texture prevents it from moving.
- The dimension of this mat is 50 x 24 x 0.24 inches.
- It weighs only 1.5 lbs.
- Comes with a thickness of 6mm.
- Flexible and foldable to use.
- Convenient to wash, carry and store.
- Decent noise reduction capacity.
- Protect both floors and your joints.
- The TPE material can easily wear down.
9. Sunfly Jump Rope Mat
One of the best products produced by Sunfly is their jump rope mat, as it features a thick design made with high-density material to absorb every shock and impact while working out. You should know that it can extend the life of your jump rope as it will prevent it from general wear and tear caused when the rope hits the ground. Not only can it protect your floors from getting damaged but also prevent your knees and joints from strain.
With a sunfly jump rope mat, you can work out anywhere and anytime without disturbing your neighbors. It will give you the freedom to work out indoors and outdoors while keeping the impact on your joints minimal to zero. The best thing about the mat is that it comes with a non-slip design on both sides that makes the jump rope mat suitable for all types of floors.
The premium padding offers a better rebound when you jump while absorbing all the vibrations generated throughout your workout to minimal or zero, which lets your neighbors have a sound sleep. The high-density material ensures deliver high resilience while extending the life of your rope.
- Made with non-toxic, high-density foam.
- Reduce the noise and absorb the shocks and vibrations.
- Comes with a thickness of 6mm.
- It weighs around 1 lb.
- Integrated with slip-resistant design for superior grip.
- Waterproof surface for convenient cleaning and storage.
- The dimension of this mat is 24 x 63 x 0.25 inches.
- Compact and elastic design.
- Ideal for kids and adults.
- Extend the life of your jump rope.
- Protect your knees and joints.
- High resilient design,
- Thin design as compared to other jump rope mats.
10. Sensu Large Exercise Mat
Sensu has been manufacturing top-notch quality mats for their customers as they maintain the quality to deliver an unmatchable workout experience. The best thing about Sensu is that they use 16P-ECO material integrated with an anti-tear mesh layer to produce a high-density mat that delivers great stability and cushioned surface for a practical workout session.
It can absorb heavy impacts with a thickness of 8.5mm and provide a better place to carry out your workout sessions. Sensu has developed and engineered the requirements of a perfect mat, which include sweat-resistant and shock-absorbent qualities. The ergonomic design on both sides would keep your mat from moving and providing you with a firm grip.
- Made with durable and high-density 16P-ECO material.
- Comes with a thickness of 8.5 mm.
- Extended length provides more space for working out.
- The dimension of this mat is 72 x 26 x 0.28 inches.
- Free from toxic material and chemicals.
- Suitable for all kinds of workouts.
- Easy to clean, carry and store.
- Extra thickness for superior comfort.
- It can be expensive for some people.
Comparison Chart Of Best Mats For Jumping Rope
|Image||Product Name||Editor’s Rating||Price|
|LERYG 8mm Jump Rope Mat||Premium Quality |
5 Out Of 5
|Check Latest Price|
|Balancefrom High-Density Mat||5 Out Of 5||Check Latest Price|
|Schriner Pro Round Jump Rope Mat||5 Out Of 5||Check Latest Price|
|Rope Skipping Exercise Workout Mat||5 Out Of 5||Check Latest Price|
|Elitesrs Non-Slip Jump Rope Mat||4.5 Out Of 5||Check Latest Price|
|Dofopo Rope Skipping Mat||4.8 Out Of 5||Check Latest Price|
|Gorilla Mats Premium Large Exercise Mat||5 Out Of 5||Check Latest Price|
|Fithomie Jump Rope Mat For Home||5 Out Of 5||Check Latest Price|
|Sunfly Jump Rope Mat||4.5 Out Of 5||Check Latest Price|
|Sensu Large Exercise Mat||High Quality |
5 Out Of 5
|Check Latest Price|
- What Would Be The Ideal Thickness Of Your Jump Rope Mat?
When it comes to the thickness of a jump rope mat, it should be at least 5mm thick as it will deliver sufficient support required for various workouts, including a jumping rope. Remember, the major difference between an exercise mat and a yoga mat is its thickness. When you are working out, your body needs additional support and cushioning to protect your muscles and joints from any damage or strain. That’s why exercise mats are usually thicker when compared to yoga mats.
- What Are The Best Jump Rope Mats Available In The Market?
There are a lot of manufacturers producing high-quality jump rope mats at affordable rates. If you are looking for the best jump rope mats, here are some mats that you can buy.
- The SuperMats Heavy Duty Equipment Mat 13GS.
- The EliteSRS-Premium
- The Plyometric Rubber Roll Mat.
- The aerobic floor mat system.
- Rubber King All-Purpose Fitness Mats.
- Where Should You Place A Jump Rope Mat For Optimal Performance?
For optimal performance, it would be better to place a jump rope mat over a concrete floor. The sturdy base will allow you to push off from the ground, while the excellent grip prevents your hands and body from slipping. Plus, you can use solid concrete to get a better rebound.
- Is It Necessary To Use A Jump Rope Mat?
To complete your jump rope workout effectively, you need the right surface to jump on. It would be better for you to use a jump rope mat as many times as you can because it will make your workout even more effective. Doing your workout on a jump rope mat will reduce the chances of attaining injury white, protecting your rope from general wear and tear.
- Is It Fine To Use A Yoga Mat For Jumping Rope Workouts?
Yoga mats and pilates have the thinnest layer for support and cushioning. That’s why these are not preferred for a high-intensity workout especially jumping rope. Their minimal shock-absorbing abilities will not offer the support your need while working out.